Cactus Pear Cheesecake
Every cheesecake lovers dream come true!
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
6 T melted butter or margarine
1/4 C clover honey
1/2 t ground cinnamon
3 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 t vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 C sour cream
2 Andy Boy Cactus Pears
2 ripe peaches
Prickly Pear Glaze
3/4 C apple juice
2 T cornstarch
3/4 C Andy Boy Cactus Pear juice
1/4 C honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, 1 tablespoon honey and cinnamon. Using fingers, press mixture evenly on bottom and half way up sides of 9 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese, remaining honey and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in sour cream. Pour batter into crust; bake 50 to 60 minutes until center sets. Turn oven off, leaving door slightly ajar. Leave cake in oven 1 hour, remove and allow to cool. Chill at least 2 hours, then prepare glaze and peel and slice cactus pears and peaches. Arrange on top of cake and spoon over glaze. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Glaze, combine 1/4 apple juice and cornstarch. In saucepan, combine remaining apple juice, cactus pear juice, and honey.
- Stir over medium heat until honey melts.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until mixture boils, thickens, and turns clear. Cook one minute and set aside to cool slightly.