Cannellini Bean and Broccoli Rabe Toast
Top with an egg, serve as a dip, or spread over your favorite toast – these Cannellini Bean and Broccoli Rabe Toasts are deliciously addictive and will become your new favorite go-to meal.
Recipe by Candice Walker
Candice Walker is the voice behind Proportional Plate, a food blog where weekly meal planning couldn’t be any simpler. She teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
- ½ bunch Andy Boy broccoli rabe
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sourdough boule, sliced ¾” thick
1. Preheat to 400F.
2. Trim the ends of your broccoli rabe, drizzle with the avocado oil, season with salt & pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes. Set a few florets and leaves aside for the garnish.
3. Add your cannellini beans, garlic, thyme, roasted rabe, tahini, and the juice of half a lemon to a blender or food processor. Add water 1 tbsp at a time if the mixture is too thick to process. Season with salt & pepper as necessary.
4. Toast your bread. Top with the bean & rabe spread, and garnish with the florets and leaves.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more