Cauliflower Confetti Spinach Salad
Splashes of bright peppers contrast beautifully in this simple but tasty salad.
1 large head Andy Boy cauliflower
1/2 lb spinach
6 T vegetable oil
3 T white wine vinegar
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t dry mustard
1/2 t salt
1/2 t dried basil
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
2 T diced colored peppers
1/2 C slivered almonds
- Rinse and drain Andy Boy Cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Wash and trim spinach. Stack leaves and slice crosswise into 1/4 inch strips.
- Place in a salad bowl along with cauliflower. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a jar, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, mustard, basil and black pepper. Shake to blend well.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over vegetables; add almonds and mix gently, but thoroughly. Top with diced peppers and serve with baguette croutons.