Crockpot Thai Red Chicken and Broccoli Rabe Curry
This is the perfect, quick, easy, and healthy meal, which gives off a super cozy feel as well. Simply add everything to your crockpot in the morning and come home at night to a house that smells incredible…and a delicious meal! We love to serve this curry with a side of rice, plus fresh naan for soaking up that yummy curry sauce!
Recipe by Tieghan Gerard
Tieghan is the author of Half Baked Harvest, and the winner of the 2016 Better Homes & Gardens Reader’s Choice Award for Favorite Food Blog. Her cookbook, The Harvested Table, will be published by Clarkson Potter in the Fall of 2017. She is a regular contributor at the Huffington Post and Buzzfeed.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 (14 oz) cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, diced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed + chopped into 1” pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil and or cilantro, roughly chopped
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Arils from one pomegranate, for serving
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
1. In the bowl of your crockpot, combine the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk, and honey. Add the chicken and broccoli rabe, toss to combine.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in the basil and or cilantro.
3. Serve the curry over a bowl of steamed rice. Top with pomegranate arils, peanuts and fresh basil or cilantro. Eat!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more