Grilled Romaine Hearts with Lemon Yogurt Dressing
A healthy and refreshing lemon dressing made with Greek yogurt pairs perfectly with crisp grilled romaine hearts. Perfect for a summer side, this easy salad will complement any main course.
Recipe by The Taste SF
The Taste SF is a culinary lifestyle website and photography company based in San Francisco, dedicated to sharing the best food, wine, and culinary focused travel experiences.
- 3-4 romaine hearts
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon French mustard
- finishing salt, such as Maldon sea salt
1. Rinse and dry the romaine hearts, then cut them in half long ways. Brush the flat surface of each half with olive oil.
2. Heat grill to medium heat and place romaine hearts directly on the grate. Cook until lightly grilled and char marks are visible, then remove and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the grilled romaine hearts.
5. Top with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.