Ravioli Chili Crab Salad with Broccoli Rabe
This healthy and gluten free ravioli summer salad with broccoli rabe doesn’t have to be enjoyed as a side dish. Loaded with flavor and all your macro nutrients, you can simply call it lunch! Using broccoli rabe in your summer recipes adds a boost of fiber, potassium and antioxidants to your meals, as well as a unique and delicious kick to your palate.
Recipe by Valerie Azinge
Valerie is the author of My Digital Kitchen, a healthy food blog which focuses on delicious pescatarian recipes and sugar conscious desserts for the hungry palate. Her recipes and photos have attracted awareness and followings from reputable celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsey, as well as features and followings from The Food Network and Buzzfeed.
- 250g gluten free ricotta ravioli
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed
- 1 bunch small radishes, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small cauliflower head, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can organic crab meat (sugar & salt free)
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- light feta cheese for topping
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple mustard sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¾ Tbsp light virgin olive oil
1. Start with roasting your cauliflower and radishes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cauliflower and radishes on the lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside when ready.
2. While your veggies are in the oven, cook the broccoli rabe. Trim the stems. Place about 4 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add broccoli rabe to the boiling water and cook for exactly 1 minute. When ready, transfer the broccoli rabe into a bowl of ice water for another minute. Remove the broccoli rabe from the ice water and set aside. Mix crab meat and chili sauce in a small bowl and set aside for topping.
3. Finally, cook your ravioli. Add 4-6 cups of water in a saucepan and sprinkle a dash of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and add ravioli. Boil for exactly 5 minutes, but be sure not to overcook it so that the ravioli does not open up. Strain cooked ravioli and transfer to a large bowl. You will need this bowl to mix in all your ingredients.
4. Add roasted cauliflower and radishes, broccoli rabe and crab meat to the ravioli bowl. Toss with dressing and transfer to a serving plate. Top with light feta cheese. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more