Romaine Heart Poke Wraps
Bring Hawaii to you with this simple and tasty dish. By wrapping it up in a Romaine Heart leaf, you can preserve the flavor while cutting the calories! Be sure to use the best-quality tuna available – when in doubt, ask your fishmonger if it is safe to consume raw.
Recipe by Monica Stevens Le
Monica is the author behind The Movement Menu, a food blog filled with nourishing recipes that are both easy to make and fit into the Whole30 and Paleo diet lifestyles. Her work has been featured on Buzzfeed, Shape, Woman’s Day and a number of other media outlets.
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lime, tested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds sashimi grade wild ahi tuna, cubed
- 3 romaine hearts
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- green onions, for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the tuna.
2. Whisk the sauce well to combine. Add the tuna and toss well. The tuna can sit in the marinade for a half a day or so, but if you leave it any longer, the acid in the citrus will begin to slowly cook the fish.
3. Wash and pat dry the romaine hearts and begin to assemble the wraps.
4. Add a few spoonfuls of the poke to each romaine heart. Top off with fresh avocado cubes, pineapple, red cabbage and black sesame seeds. Serve immediately.