Spinach, Fennel and Goat Cheese Pizza
Pizza night has never been so easy! Skip the red sauce and try an olive oil base with this delectable pizza blanca topped with thinly sliced fennel, chopped baby spinach and red onion. The secret to a delicious homemade pizza is all in the oven temperature – crank it up high for a crispy crust that will taste like it came straight from a pizzeria!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups pizza mozzarella, grated
- ¾ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Red chili flakes, for garnish
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 475 F.
2. Roll pizza dough out to be half an inch thick. Drizzle 1-2 Tbsp olive oil over top, then add garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese, then add fennel, spinach and red onion. Add the remaining half portion of mozzarella, then top with goat cheese.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crust is crisp. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chili flakes and fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!