DUTIES – Work under the direction of the Mechanized Equipment Development Director to further develop the robotic applications. This includes developing the relationship matrix for scanner parameters to optimize coordinate accuracy based on plant variety and leaf type in the field. Develop a similar matrix to optimize robotic cut height. Help develop future robotic applications for other crops under the direction of the Mechanized Equipment Development Director.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with control software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with data analysis and correlation in robotics application
- Must be willing and able to gather machine data in the field
- Must be willing and able to work with multiple subcontractors
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
- Work schedule will include occasional long hours including weekends and some holidays
- Four year engineering degree, software or mechatronics related
- Valid driver’s license and clean record
- Must be willing to spend extended periods of up to three weeks in Yuma, AZ or Brawley, CA
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds out in the field
- Must be able to walk through a vegetable field on uneven surfaces, climb up and down noisy harvesting equipment, and use both hands to perform various tasks and be willing to do so in inclement weather conditions (including wind, dust, rain, heat, cold)
- Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines and appropriate software such as Windows, Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated, creative, ability to efficiently process data.
- Prior experience with agriculture.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred