DUTIES – Responsible for assisting the Safety Manager with ensuring compliance of all company-wide safety and risk management programs. Must be a knowledgeable and efficient hands-on safety resource to all operations company-wide, with the ability to identify safety issues and recommend a resolution to management in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Safety Manager.
- Possess a strong foundation of knowledge in safety along with pertinent federal and state regulations/standards and required safety programs.
- Experience with incident investigations, OSHA inspections.
- Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines and appropriate software such as Windows, Word and Excel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Assist in maintaining and updating written safety programs for operations/facilities in all districts.
- Conduct documented safety inspections/audits of operations and facilities on a daily basis.
- Identify, analyze and control occupational hazards in all operations.
- Recommend new approaches and procedures to improve existing company safety programs.
- Coordinate safety training programs, including ordering, inventory, and distribution of safety training material. Revision of training forms as needed.
- Conduct safety training meetings with employees, including members of management.
- Coordinate CPR/First Aid/AED trainings for the company.
- Assist in coordination of pesticide safety training meetings for production personnel.
- Schedule medical examination appointments for all chemical applicators.
- Assist with coordination and execution of annual corporate office evacuation in conjunction with Post-Harvest.