Shipping Dispatcher Clerk
DUTIES – Under supervision from the Shipping Manager, Supervisors and Foremen, performs various Shipping Office functions related to checking truck drivers in and out, communicating with various internal departments and personnel, and providing truck driver assistance on the phone and in person.
This position may start with a late afternoon or evening shift and will rotate working weekends.
• Check-in/check-out drivers and ensuring proper documentation is received.
• Assign pick-up times and locations to coincide with product availability.
• Answer phones and provide driver assistance with directions and/or product availability.
• Communicate with Receiving Department, Sales Department, Field Supervisors, and various other departments/personnel.
• Dispatcher experience in the produce industry
• Willingness to work nights and weekends
• Must be able to read well and write clearly in English
• Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure
• Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person
• Actively listen to loaders and drivers, and communicate clearly with both, fluent English a must
• Able to handle multiple tasks
• Organized team player who works well with a variety of people
• Computer data entry experience
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
• Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines
• Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
• Valid driver’s license and clean record