DUTIES: Responsible for inventory control, product rotation, quality control reporting, assisting and directing a union workforce while taking direction from both the Shipping and Plant Operation managers. Must have experience in loading dock management, scheduling hourly work force, coordinating operations with several divisions, inspecting product and maintaining a safe working environment. Must be able to maintain and monitor cooling procedures and protocols of commodities received, stored and shipped. The position is based in Salinas with seasonal relocation to Yuma, Arizona from November through March.
- Inventory control, product rotation, and quality control reporting
- Assisting and directing a union workforce
- Answer phones and provide driver assistance with directions and/or product availability.
- Communicate with Receiving Department, Sales Department, Field Supervisors, and various other departments/personnel.
- Must have 3 – 5 years experience in produce storage, shipping and receiving
- Responsible for proper organization of coldbox
- Provide FIFO method of materials storage in coldbox (knowledge of inventory control tracking systems, logistics and perpetual inventory)
- Ensure segregation, identification and disposition of non-conforming materials and report on it
- Provide accurate inventories and cycle counts
- Inspection of product
- Must have experience supervising hourly employees, union experience a plus
- BA/BS college degree preferred
- Can work standing and walking for extended time in a cold, wet, and icy environment (60 – 80% of the time in 34 degrees with 90% humidity).
- Cooling procedures/Vacuum/Tunnel Cooling knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of computer programs related to shipping and receiving
- Bar-coding experience a plus
- Able to do product quality reporting to Sales Department
- Work schedule may include occasional long hours including weekends and some holidays.
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record mandatory
- Organized team player
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure
- Able to multi task
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills a plus
- Bilingual in (English/Spanish) preferred
- Seasonal relocation to Yuma, Arizona or Brawley, California