Under supervision from the Director, Information Technology, this full-time hourly position provides varied technical support to end-users with minimum supervision. Day to day activities require the use of initiative and judgment, particularly when prioritizing work from several staff members, dealing with staff or company related confidential materials, or when dealing with a variety of representatives of the public. Must be able to read, write and speak English (the ability to speak Spanish is desired), work in a fast-paced environment and work well with others. We offer excellent benefits and compensation, on-going training opportunities, and a belief in a work/life balance. This position is based in Yuma, Arizona with travel as required to support remote sites (Mexico, Brawley, CA and Salinas, CA).
- Assist users with software and hardware questions and provide support for a variety of PC software products. Responsible for PC maintenance including hardware and software upgrades, installation and configuration. Resolve technical support issues for PCs, servers, SAN and mobile devices.
- Administer Windows Servers, Exchange Servers, Server and Desktop Virtualization and Terminal Services.
- Maintain and trouble-shoot LAN and WAN equipment (Cisco routers, managed switches, firewall and VPN).
- Ensure reliability of the field and shipping wireless bar coding systems by maintaining and repairing equipment, programming scan guns and training end users.
- Maintain VoIP phone system, which includes extension changes, voice mail programming, and troubleshooting of software and hardware.
- Maintain compliance of PC and server operating system and software licenses.
- Ensure enterprise data backup.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired
- AS degree in computer related discipline required
- BA or BS in related discipline desired
- Energetic and goal-focused
- Willingness to learn from, and teach others
- Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure while managing multiple tasks
- Solid problem solving skills with a methodical approach
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent in-person and over the phone customer service skills
- Experience installing, upgrading and trouble-shooting PCs, associated equipment and software experience
- TCP/IP networking experience
- Microsoft Server experience
- Must be willing to travel as required to support remote sites (Mexico, Brawley, CA and Salinas, CA)
- Core hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- On-call schedule including nights and weekends
- Work schedule may require overtime and weekends
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to carry up to 45 pounds, crawl on floors and up in attics