Broccoli, Pepper and Turkey Bacon Egg Bites
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In the meantime, heat the avocado oil in a medium pan. Cook the broccoli, onion, bell pepper, and turkey bacon until the veggies are slightly softened and aromatic, ~5 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a blender, add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Coat 12 standard muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide the broccoli and bacon mixture evenly. Do not press down. Leaving the space allows for the egg mixture to fill.
5. Divide the egg mixture into the 12 cups over the broccoli and bacon mixture.
6. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over each cup.
7. Cook 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set.
8. Cool for 2-3 minutes. To release, lightly run a knife along the edge of each bit.
9. Freeze in a sealed container and reheat in the microwave for breakfast on the go! Serve with broccoli coins.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more