Broccoli Rabe and Cauliflower Lasagna Roll Ups
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and fry until translucent. Add the chopped cauliflower and fry until lightly browned. Add the broccoli rabe and fry until tender. Set to the side.
4. In a large bowl combine the cottage cheese, egg, salt, and pepper. Add 1 ½ cups of mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese to the cottage cheese mixture and combine.
5. Spread ¼ cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch lasagna pan.
6. On a baking sheet, arrange 6 lasagna noodles. Spread 2 tbsp of the cottage cheese mixture down the center of each lasagna noodle, followed by ¼ cup of the cauliflower and broccoli rabe, followed by a tbsp of tomato sauce. Roll up each lasagna noodles and place them into the lasagna pan, seam side down. Fill and roll the remaining 6 lasagna noodles and place them into the lasagna dish.
7. Cover the lasagna roll ups with the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
8. Place the lasagna dish into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped basil.
10. Serve warm.
11. Can be kept in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.