Broccoli Rabe and Crunchy Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place broccoli rabe on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss until all the stems, leaves, and florets are lightly coated. Spread the broccoli rabe in one even layer and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven, until the stems are tender and the majority of the leaves are crispy.
3. In the meantime, break the cauliflower into florets and cut each floret into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. Place the cauliflower in a large salad bowl.
4. Make the dressing by whisking tahini, lemon juice, water, and honey in a medium bowl. If the dressing is too thick, add more water one tsp at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Add garlic, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper then whisk to combine. Taste and add more salt as needed. Set aside until ready to use.
5. When the broccoli rabe is done, remove it from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Some of the leaves will be crispy like chips and others will be more wilted and tender. Break the crispy leaves off and reserve for garnish. Cut the broccoli rabe into 1/2” pieces and add to the cauliflower.
6. Drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over the vegetables and toss until evenly coated.
7. Transfer the dressed veggies to a serving platter, top with toasted pine nuts and reserved crispy broccoli rabe leaves, and enjoy immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more