Beet and Fennel Gazpacho with Broccoli Rabe Pesto
1. Preheat to 400F.
2. Trim the stems of the beets, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and put in the oven. Bake for ~45 minutes. Allow to cool and peel.
3. With your beets in the oven, add your fennel bulbs and onion to a sheet pan or baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add them to the oven. Cook 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. In the meantime, you will make your broccoli rabe pesto. Add the broccoli rabe leaves and florets, pine nuts, 2 cloves garlic, and ¼ tsp pepper to a food processor. While running, add the olive oil. Set aside.
5. Add your peeled beets, roasted fennel & onion, fennel fronds, 3-4 garlic cloves, salt, pepper, vegetable stock, cucumbers, dill, apple cider vinegar, and ½ the pesto to a high speed blender. Run for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for minimum 4 hours.
7. Pour into bowls and garnish with the other half of the broccoli rabe pesto. Options for garnish: a dollop of greek yogurt, thinly sliced cucumber, fennel fronds. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more