Broccoli Rabe Bucatini with Broccoli Rabe Pesto
1. Remove the leaves from the broccoli rabe and set them aside. Cut off the florets and place them in a bowl. Shave your stems with a vegetable peeler to create ribbons. Add the broccoli rabe stem ribbons to your bowl with the florets.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil for your pasta.
3. In the meantime, add your broccoli rabe leaves, basil, pine nuts, and garlic to a food processor. With the motor running, slowly add your olive oil. Stir in the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Add your pasta to the water. Cook per the package.
5. In the meantime, heat 2-3 tbsp avocado oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add your broccoli rabe florets, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat, cover, and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove the lid, add the ribbons, toss to coat, and turn off the heat.
6. When your pasta is ready, drain, add to your serving bowl, mix in your cooked broccoli rabe, add your pesto, toss to coat, and shave parmesan over the pasta with a vegetable peeler. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more