Broccoli Rabe and Farro Stuffed Mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the mushroom caps open side up on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
2. Mince the mushroom stems, set to side.
3. Trim lower stems off of broccoli rabe, finely chop the leafy greens, set to side.
4. After mushroom caps have been cooked, pour off any liquid that has accumulated in caps.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat.
6. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add mushroom stems and broccoli rabe and saute until the greens are wilted, about 4 minutes.
7. Add the tomatoes and farro. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, mix in parsley, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast. Stir until well incorporated.
9. Preheat the broiler. Divide the broccoli rabe mixture evenly among the mushroom caps. Sprinkle each with remaining nutritional yeast. Cook until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more