Broccoli Rabe, Fennel and Apple Slaw
1. Slice the fennel bulbs on a mandolin. Add to a large bowl.
2. Slice the broccoli rabe stems into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Snap off the florets. Add both to the large bowl with the fennel.
3. Julienne your apple. Add to the bowl with the fennel and broccoli rabe.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium bowl.
5. Pour the dressing over the fennel, broccoli rabe, and apple.
6. Toss to coat and enjoy!
Cook’s Tip: Use your broccoli rabe leaves to make a delicious pesto to top your next pizza or pasta dinner: Add the broccoli rabe leaves, ¼ cup of pine nuts, 2 cloves garlic, and ¼ tsp pepper to a food processor. While running, add ¼ cup of olive oil.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more