Broccoli Rabe and Maple Glazed Salmon Bibimbap
1. In a medium size bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
2. Cut the salmon into 1” slices. Place into the bowl with the marinade and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. While the salmon is marinating, cook the rice as per package instructions.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp of canola oil (or a light tasting oil) in a frying pan set to medium heat. Remove the salmon pieces from the marinade, and place into the frying pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Discard the marinade.
5. While the salmon is cooking, place the broccoli rabe, 1/2 cup of water, and a pinch of salt into a frying pan. Cover and simmer on med-high.
6. Once the water has evaporated, the broccoli rabe should be tender enough to pierce with a fork. If not, add a bit more water and continue to steam until done. Once done, toss with soy sauce, olive oil, and sesame seeds. Remove from frying pan and set to the side.
7. In the same frying pan, heat the red pepper and carrots until just warm.
8. To assemble the bibimbap, take two large dinner bowls, and layer the bottom with rice. Arrange the salmon, broccoli rabe, red peppers, carrots, green onions, and avocado on top.
9. Serve with Korean Gochujang sauce on the side.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more