Sesame Garlic Broccoli Rabe Spring Rolls
1. In a large, high-sided skillet, heat sesame oil, honey, garlic, chili, and salt over medium until fragrant.
2. Add broccoli rabe, cover, and steam, tossing a few times, until tender (about 3–5 minutes). If pan is too dry, add a small splash of water. Cool to room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt well. Cook noodles according to pkg directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Toss with tamari. Set aside.
4. Have all roll ingredients ready to go in front of you for easy building, and work on 1 roll at a time. Fill a large high-sided skillet with warm water. To rehydrate rice paper wrappers, soak one wrapper at a time until pliable (this only takes 15–30 seconds) in warm water.
5. Place rehydrated wrapper on a large cutting board or countertop. At the bottom of each roll, leaving a 1/2” gap to each side, line up a handful of broccoli rabe and cooked noodles.
6. Roll like a burrito, tucking in sides as you turn to encase ingredients.
7. If serving immediately, transfer to a serving platter. If serving in 1 to 2 hours (don’t make them any longer ahead than that or they’ll turn soggy), wrap roll in plastic and store in refrigerator. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
For the Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
1. Pulse cilantro, garlic, salt, and lime zest in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add avocado and lime juice. Puree until smooth. If a thinner sauce is desired, thin with water 1 Tbsp at a time. Transfer to a serving bowl.
1. Garnish rolls with a sprinkle of additional chili and sesame seeds. Serve chilled with sauce.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more