Broccoli Rabe and Turkey Sausage Orecchiette
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette and cook for 8-9 minutes or so until just al dente, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Within last 1 minute of cooking time, add broccoli rabe, then drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove turkey sausages from their casings and break up in frying pan. Cook for 7-8 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
3. Dry the pot used to cook pasta and add back to stovetop with remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds over medium-high heat. Add pasta, broccoli rabe, turkey sausage and pasta water, stirring well.
4. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, red chili flakes and salt & pepper, stirring well to combine and continue to cook another 2 minutes until everything is heated through.
5. Garnish with extra Parmesan and chili flakes, then serve and enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more