Cacio e Pepe with Broccoli Rabe
1. Trim long bottom stems of broccoli rabe, about 4 inches, and discard. Roughly chop remaining leaves and thinner stems into 1/2” ribbons or strips. About 10 oz should remain. Set aside.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta until almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and cook until pasta is tender to your likeness, about 4 additional minutes.
3. Using a fine mesh sieve or colander, drain pasta and broccoli rabe, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
4. Place pasta and broccoli rabe back into pot and stir over very low heat adding cheese, pepper and enough pasta water that the cheese becomes a soft sauce, about 2 minutes.
5. Divide pasta amongst plates and garnish with additional cheese.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more