Candice’s Clean Broccoli Rabe Pizza
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F. Set the pizza dough out to at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
2. Add the extra virgin olive oil and diced onion to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and chili flakes, cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli rabe and cook until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Set the skillet aside.
3. On a clean work surface, dusted with a touch of flour, using clean hands, roll out the pizza dough into a 10-to 12-inch round, 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 of an inch thick. Lightly grease a large baking sheet, pizza stone or a round cast-iron skillet. Place the dough on the baking sheet (or in the skillet/stone), brush the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with the sea salt.
4. Prebake the crust in the oven for about 10 minutes, until slightly puffed. Remove the crust from the oven and top with the pesto sauce and broccoli rabe-onion mixture and top with goat cheese, if using.
5. Bake on the middle rack for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the additional sea salt to finish, if desired.
6. Slice and serve immediately with a glass of Pinot for a perfect pairing.