Avocado Caprese Pasta with Grilled Broccoli Rabe
1. Heat a grill, grill pan or skillet to medium high heat. Toss the broccoli rabe with olive oil, salt + pepper making sure all the broccoli rabe is evenly coated in olive oil.
2. Place the broccoli rabe on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the broccoli rabe is lightly charred. Remove from the heat and place on a plate. Chop into 1” pieces.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
4. Make the pesto: Finely chop the basil and arugula, add it to a medium size bowl.
5. Chop the cashews and finely mince or grate the garlic, add them to the bowl with the basil and arugula. Add the parmesan and a pinch of salt + pepper. Pour in the olive oil.
6. Using a fork mix well and then sort of mash all the ingredients together with the fork. If desired add more olive oil until your desired consistency is reached.
7. Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain.
8. Add the hot pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with the pesto, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil and grilled broccoli rabe until well combined.
9. Add the larger heirloom tomatoes and gently toss once more.
10. Arrange the avocado and prosciutto on top. Sprinkle the pasta with salt + pepper to taste.
11. Divide the pasta among bowls or plates, serve with balsamic and olive oil. EAT!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more