Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri and Broccoli Rabe
1. Using a food processor, finely chop the garlic. Add cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper, and pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped. Transfer to a small glass bowl, stir in the red onion and set aside. This can be made the day before.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack placed in the center of the oven.
3. Remove the tough leaves from the base of the cauliflower and discard; you can leave the tender leaves in place. Trim the stem to create a stable base for the cauliflower. Turn the cauliflower on the flat base, floret side up. Slice the cauliflower in half, straight through the stem, then working from the center cut, slice a 1 1/2- inch thick steak from each half. Reserve the extra trimmed florets for another recipe. Repeat with other cauliflower head.
4. Brush the steaks on each side with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
5. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and add the cauliflower steaks. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the steaks are turning a golden brown. Flip the cauliflower and transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for about 12-15 minutes, or until the stems are tender when you insert a sharp paring knife.
6. To serve, place a bed of broccoli rabe on each plate, top with cauliflower steak, and drizzle with chimichurri sauce and a touch more olive oil. Serve with a lemon wedge and additional chimichurri.