Chinese Tofu Chop Salad with Broccoli Rabe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Drain and rinse the block of tofu, patting dry with a few paper towels.
2. Slice into 32 cubes, about 1” in size, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Flipping once halfway through.
3. Transfer to the counter to cool while you prepare the salad, or let fully cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use (will last 2 days).
4. Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed, and transfer to a jar. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
5. Trim the broccoli rabe so you are left with only the florets, leaves, and their soft stems (about 4 loosely packed cups worth).
6. Break into bite size pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
7. Bring a kettle of water to a boil on the stove and pour over the broccoli rabe. Let the rabe sit in the hot water for about 10 seconds, then drain. Pour cold water over the rabe and drain again.
8. Lay out the broccoli rabe pieces on a few layers of paper towels to drain while you assemble the rest of the veggies.
9. Add the chopped romaine (pieces should be about 1” in size) to a large mixing/serving bowl. On a large cutting board shred the carrot on a box grater, or using a mandolin.
10. Shred the cabbage using a mandolin, or thinly slicing with a knife into 1” pieces. Slice the sugar snap or snow peas (whichever you choose) on an angle into strips, and slice the scallions the same. Add all of the prepared veggies to the bowl with the romaine.
11. Give the veggies a toss and add the baked tofu, toss again, and drizzle with the dressing. Mix well to coat with the dressing, taste, and add more salt if needed.
12. Divide into four bowls and top each with a Tbsp of slivered almonds. Enjoy right away.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more