Garlic Roasted Broccoli Rabe with Turkey Bacon, Fennel, and Blood Orange
1. Preheat your oven to 425F.
2. Cook your bacon per the package. Set aside to cool.
3. Add your broccoli rabe to a sheet pan. Drizzle with the avocado oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook 10 minutes until tender and the leaves just begin to brown.
4. Zest one of your oranges. Cut the zested orange in half. Juice half of your orange into a large bowl. Thinly slice the other half & remove the rind. Thinly slice your other orange and remove the rind. Place your sliced orange wedges in the medium bowl with the juiced orange.
5. Remove the fennel fronds from the fennel bulb, and chop up the fronds. Thinly slice ½ of the fennel bulb on a mandolin. Add both the fronds and the thinly sliced fennel to your bowl with the orange segments.
6. Add your cooked broccoli rabe to the fennel & orange mixture. Toss well to coat.
7. Transfer to your serving dish. Crumble the bacon over the broccoli rabe.
8. Optional: garnish with edible flowers.