Glazed Chicken Burgers with Garlicky Broccoli Rabe and Lemon Mayo
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Make the burgers: in a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
3. Transfer the onion and garlic to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the cilantro, 5 spice, cayenne, mustard, salt, pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and egg. Mix well to combine.
4. Add the ground chicken and mix to combine. Add the breadcrumbs and mix just until fully incorporated. Divide the meat into 4 even pieces, and form into patties.
5. In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook until evenly browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Glaze each side of each patty with 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce, and transfer the pan to the oven. Continue to cook until the patties are fully heated through, 8-10 minutes more.
6. While the burgers cook, make the broccoli rabe: in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 minute, then add the broccoli rabe, and continue to cook until the rabe is tender, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
7. Make the mayonnaise: in a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice together to combine. Spread 2 tsp on each side of each bun.
8. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place the buns, mayonnaise side down, into the pan and toast until evenly golden, 3-4 minutes.
9. To serve, scoop 1/4 of the broccoli rabe onto the bottom of each bun, and place a patty on top. Finish with the top toasted bun, and serve immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more