Gluten Free Rotini with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe in a White Wine Sauce
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once it’s al dente, drain, rinse with cold water and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
2. Place a large skillet or stock pot over high heat and bring 4 cups of water to a boil
3. Chop the broccoli rabe into 2 inch long pieces and submerge them into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
4. Drain the broccoli rabe and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
5. Pour out any remaining water from the skillet. Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, and add the sliced sausage.
6. Saute the sausage for about 8 minutes, or until it is browned. Add the garlic cloves, snap peas, salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes before adding the broccoli rabe back to the pan. Cook everything for 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the wine and cook for 5 minutes. Toss in the parmesan cheese and pasta and serve immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more