Savory Broccoli Rabe Breakfast Pastries
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the first layer of puff pastry and add to parchment.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon over med-high heat. Whisk six of the seven eggs together in a large bowl and add to pan after bacon is done, cooking them as a scramble.
3. Remove from heat and start assembling pastries, dividing egg, bacon, broccoli rabe and cheddar cheese among pastries.
4. Roll out the second layer of puff pastry and, using a pizza cutter, slice pastry horizontally into 1-inch thick pieces. Add pieces overtop of egg mixture, pressing into bottom puff pastry to ensure pieces stick overtop. Repeat until each pastry has a weave overtop.
5. Whisk last remaining egg in a small bowl and brush each pastry with a bit of egg wash.
6. Bake pastries in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from oven, let cool a couple minutes, then serve and enjoy!
If reheating after refrigerating, preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more