Slow-Cooker Cactus Pear Chicken with Broccoli Rabe
1. Remove and discard the skin from the chicken. Arrange the chicken in an even layer in the slow cooker.
2. Add the cactus pears to a blender or food processor. Run until smooth. Strain to remove seeds.
3. Mix together the cactus pear juice, orange juice, lime juice, agave, garlic, oregano, chili powder, and salt in a medium bowl and pour it over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low.
5. Add the broccoli rabe to the slow cooker on top of the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and falling off the bone, 1 more hour on low.
6. Optional: Transfer the liquid from the slow-cooker to a saucepan. Simmer until reduced by half. Pour over the chicken. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more