Spiralized Fennel and Broccoli Rabe Gratin
1. Preheat to 385°F.
2. Prepare the broccoli rabe by shaving the stems with a vegetable peeler, pulling off the large leaves, and snapping off each floret.
3. To spiralize fennel, trim the base leaving the core intact or you will not be able to run in through the spiralizer. Spiralize fennel bulb with shredder blade into thin strips, and add to bowl with broccoli rabe. Add to your bowl with the broccoli rabe.
4. Add the fennel, broccoli rabe, garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, olive oil, and thyme to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add 1 cup of the Gruyère cheese. Mix well.
5. Add the mixture to your baking dish. Press down on the mixture to create more room. This mixture will cook down by about half in the oven.
6. Top with the rest of the Gruyère and the 1 cup of Parmesan.
7. Bake 30 minutes until the cheese just barely starts to brown.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving…enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more