DUTIES – Work under the direction of the Vice President, Service Center, and supervisors. Position will require working in the field and in the shop preparing, troubleshooting and repairing harvesting and production equipment. Occasional field repairs at late hours, some Saturdays. There will be extended stays in Yuma, Arizona and Brawley, California during the winter harvest season.
- Responsible for the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of all harvesting/production equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical, hydraulic, diesel engines, welding and BIT Program Inspections
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with building, repairing or modifying machinery or vehicles
- Basic knowledge of shop equipment and use of mechanical tools
- Welding/fabrication skills
- Ability to read drawings, and schematics
- Creativity and aptitude for identifying problems and finding alternative solutions
- Good observation skills
- Valid Class B (minimum) driver’s license w/air brake CDL or ability to obtain before end of 90 day probation period. Clean record required.
- Must be able to walk through a vegetable field on uneven surfaces, climb up and down noisy harvesting equipment, and use both hands to perform various tasks and be willing to do so in inclement weather conditions (including wind, dust, rain, heat, cold)
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory
- Work schedule will include occasional long hours including weekends and some holidays
- Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and handle pressure
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Operation of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines and appropriate software such as Windows, Microsoft Office applications
- Spanish speaking
- AS degree in relevant technology (Welding, Agriculture and Industrial Technology, or Industrial Mechanics)
- Prior knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems