Broccoli Rabe and Fontina Cheese Omelette
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Take it from the ordinary to the extraordinary with this omelette’s amazing combination of flavors.
- 6 eggs
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb Andy Boy Broccoli Rabe
- 4 halves sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 C grated or sliced fontina cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the broccoli rabe flowers and leaves from large stem and coarsely chop.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat and add garlic. When sizzling, add broccoli rabe and saute for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the julienne of sun dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 T of butter and add half the egg mix. Work with a rubber spatula until the egg starts to cook, lower the heat and over half of the omelette put 1/2 of the fontina cheese and 1/3 of the broccoli rabe and tomato mixture and fold. Cook until eggs are the style you desire.
- Just before serving, put remaining cheese and some of the broccoli rabe mix on top of the omelette.