Broccoli Gorgonzola Al Forno
That’s amore. Forget lasagna and go for something else hot, cheesy and inviting. Easy to throw together and toss in the oven briefly for a wonderful fast meal.
8 oz. dried rigatoni
2 T olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 bunch Andy Boy broccoli, cut into florets
1 1/3 C ricotta cheese
3 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tomatoes, diced into large pieces
1 C grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
Chopped Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- In a large skillet, combine olive oil and garlic. Sauté over low heat 2 minutes or until garlic releases its aroma (do not let it brown). Turn up the heat, and add the Andy Boy broccoli and 1 cup water.
- Cook the Andy Boy broccoli, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until most of the water is evaporated. Add the ricotta cheese and the Gorgonzola. Stir the sauce until it is nearly smooth, and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, the cheese-broccoli sauce, the tomatoes, and 2/3 cup of the Parmesan or Asiago cheese. (At this point you can refrigerate the mixture for baking later.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, for 10 to 25 minutes (or longer if the mixture has been refrigerated.)
- Serve in small pasta bowls and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley.