Broccoli Rabe Stuffed Cannelloni
A dish that old Andy Boy himself invented. Mascarpone cheese combined with broccoli rabe makes a splendid filling, then topped with red pepper sauce.
1 box cannelloni pasta
1 bunch Andy Boy Broccoli Rabe, blanched and chopped
1 lb. mascarpone cheese
1/2 lb. Parmesan cheese
3 egg yolks
1 t chopped garlic
1 T chopped shallot
1 T chopped parsley
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1 C grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 red bell peppers grilled or charred on a gas burner
1 T minced shallots
1/2 t thyme
2 C cream
1 T butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a pot and add 1 T of salt. Cook pasta until done but firm.
- In large bowl combine cheeses and egg yolk. In medium pan sauté garlic, shallots, chili flakes and Andy Boy broccoli rabe for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and let cool. Combine with cheeses and egg mixture.
- Stuff the cannelloni pasta and place in ovenproof dish.
- For the sauce, remove the seeds from the grilled peppers and finely chop them. In a sauce pan, add chopped peppers, shallots, thyme and cream, bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Add butter and season.
- Cover cannelloni with sauce, top with grated cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.