Butter Lettuce-Spinach-Avocado with Citrus Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed
- 1 bunch spinach leaves, washed
- 2 ruby grapefruit
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 tsp sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh mint, minced
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced
Peel and slice the grapefruit over a bowl to catch juices. Add the grapefruit to the bowl and reserve. Combine the vinegars, shallots, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the mint and chives. Pour off the grapefruit juice and add it to the dressing. Add the grapefruit to the lettuce and spinach.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.