Pecan Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
This pretty dish screams dinner party, but it so easy you can enjoy it every week with the family.
2 T fresh lemon juice
3/4 C butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 t dried basil
1 T chopped pimento
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 C chopped Andy Boy broccoli, cut in florets
1 small onion, minced
1/2 C sour cream
1 3 oz. package cream cheese
2 C ricotta cheese
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 C dry breadcrumbs
1/2 C chopped pecans
1 T vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare filling by gently cooking lemon juice, butter, garlic, basil and pimento in a medium saucepan over low heat, until butter has melted.
- Add 1 cup pecans, Andy Boy broccoli and onion and cook until broccoli is tender; then add the sour cream, ricotta and cream cheese and mix together until smooth.
- Let cool, cover and refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of broccoli filling in the center of each chicken breast, roll up, tuck in sides and fasten with toothpicks.
- Beat egg in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, mix the breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup pecans. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken rolls first in the egg, then in pecan mixture and sauté in skillet until well browned on both sides, about 2-4 minutes each side.
- Place browned rolls in a slightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with a spoonful of leftover warm broccoli cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.