Fennel and Cucumber Salad with Orange-Mint Dressing
Cool as a cucumber makes this colorful salad an exceptional addition to a meal of poached salmon or your favorite fish recipe.
1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded and diced
1 Andy Boy fennel, trimmed and finely slivered
1 granny smith apple, cored, quartered and sliced
2 t lemon juice
2 T walnuts, chopped and toasted
2 T orange juice
2T walnut oil
2 T fresh mint, chopped
1 T cilantro, chopped
1/8 t paprika, sweet or hot
salt and pepper
- Pour 1 C boiling water over slivered Andy Boy fennel. Sit for three minutes, then drain.
- Combine salad ingredients, except walnuts, in serving bowl and gently mix.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over salad. Serve immediately or marinate, covered, in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Toss before serving and garnish with toasted walnuts.