Orzo with Broccoli, Feta Cheese and Olives
Imagine yourself in a sunny patio in Mykonos enjoying this light and flavorful dish. Try it warm or at room temperature accompanied by a glass of crisp white wine.
1 1/2 C orzo
1 bunch Andy Boy broccoli, cut into small florets
1/4 C olive oil
3 T pine nuts
1/2 t crushed red pepper
3/4 C feta cheese, crumbled or diced
3/4 C black olives, pitted and halved
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
- Cook orzo in pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite.
- Add Andy Boy broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and stir until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper. Remove mixture from heat after about 30 more seconds.
- Drain orzo and Andy Boy broccoli. Transfer to large bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over and toss to coat.
- Add feta, olives, Parmesan and basil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- May be served warm or cold.