Spicy Broccoli Ailoi Pizza
It’s authentic and easy when made with your favorite refrigerated pizza crust. Pile on the flavor with a garlicky sauce you whip up in moments in the food processor and top with healthsome broccoli and roasted peppers.
2 T cornmeal
10 oz. can refrigerator pizza crust
1/4 C olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/3 T grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1/2 t dried basil leaves
1/2 t dried thyme leaves
1/2 t oregano leaves
1/4 t red pepper flakes
6 oz. sliced havarti or Monterey jack cheese
2 C Andy Boy broccoli, cooked, drained and cut into florets
7 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained, sliced into 2 X 1/4” strips
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease 12” pizza pan or 13 X9 pan.
Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Unroll dough, press in bottom and up sides of greased pan to form a rim. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine oil, garlic, shallots, vinegar, Romano, basil, thyme, oregano and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Arrange havarti slices over partially baked crust. Place Andy Boy broccoli evenly over cheese. Dollop oil mixture evenly over top. Add pepper strips, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until edges of crust are deep golden brown.