Grapefruit, Fennel & Herb Salad with Cactus Pear Vinaigrette
This winter salad will inspire you to include herbs in all the salads you make. They enhance the flavors of all the other fruits and veggies in the bowl creating a flavor explosion you weren’t expecting!
Recipe by Candice Walker
Candice Walker is the voice behind Proportional Plate, a food blog where weekly meal planning couldn’t be any simpler. She teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
- 1 Andy Boy cactus pear, quartered & peeled
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper
For the salad:
- 1 head Andy Boy red leaf lettuce
- 1 Andy Boy fennel bulb, shaved on a mandolin (fronds reserved and removed from stem)
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
1. Blend together the dressing ingredients. Strain to remove the cactus pear seeds.
2. Toss the greens with the dressing. Top with the grapefruit segments, fresh mint, fennel fronds, and basil. Enjoy!