Roasted Artichoke and Asiago Dip
Made with roasted artichokes instead of jarred or canned, this simple warm dip is absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb small to medium artichokes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 8 oz brick-style plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Crackers, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together artichokes, olive oil, and half of the salt and pepper; transfer to 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil; roast for 15 minutes. Remove foil; roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Let cool completely. Trim off woody stems and outer leaves; remove choke. Chop hearts and tender leaves.
2. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, horseradish, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Stir in artichokes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 400˚F. Scrape mixture into greased 4-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese. Place on baking sheet; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve warm with crackers.
To trim the artichokes, cut away sharp outer leaves with kitchen shears and peel away leaves until the pale, edible center is exposed. Cut the artichoke in half and remove the purple leaves and “hairs” that surround the heart.