DUTIES – Under the supervision of the Financial Accounting Manager, performs daily processing of accounts payable invoices, credits/adjustments, and process the weekly accounts payable check run.
Accounts Payable Duties
- Processing of invoices/credits/adjustments for all districts.
- Match invoices to support documentation such as but not limited to receiving and purchase orders.
- Verify pricing extensions and sales tax rates per district.
- Verify coding provided and code that which has not been coded.
- Daily distribution of all invoices received for proper approval.
- Verification of expense reports, assuring correct cost extensions and approval.
- Reconciliations: credit card statements, vendor accounts, GL-Prepaid Vendor Account.
- Brokerage and Delivered Freight processing.
- Data entry of 800-1500 invoices weekly, including scanning and filing.
- Weekly processing of 200 checks, including printing, matching, scanning, distributing, and filing.
- Semi-weekly processing of ACHs, including matching to reporting and uploading related files.
- Process monthly Employment Development filing for sub contractor status.
- Process credit applications upon request.
- Year-end 1099 processing
- Research and resolve invoice and/or statement discrepancies.
- Balance accounts payable aging to general ledger on a daily basis.
- Maintain good vendor relationships.
- Backup Front Desk phones as requested
- Maintain vendor accounts/files, including vendor 1099 information.
- Assist with the annual audit as requested.
- Special projects as requested
- Petty cash management
- Maintain/Organize AP files in file room and storage room
- Stay current on Sales & Use Tax Rates including the Farm Sales Tax Exemption
- Assist Financial Accounting Manager with DMV related paperwork
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, including personal computers, photocopier, fax machines, scanning equipment and appropriate software such as MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong data entry skills with speed and accuracy, at approx. 50-60 wmp.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Organized team player who works well with a variety of people with a minimum of supervision.
- Detail oriented, well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Able to utilize the internet and other resources for research purposes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory.
- Valid driver’s license and clean record.
- Produce experience a plus.