1. Provides leadership to assure facilities, in the U.S. and Mexico, maintain effective Food Safety systems to include; HACCP, cGMP’s and continued compliance and certification to Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements.
2. Develop and implement programs to aid in the policies and procedures required to exceed internal food safety requirements, regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
3. Create food safety awareness through training and information campaigns to facility personnel at all levels.
1. Assist the Facility Program Manager in the execution and maintenance of all food safety program functions such as GMPs, HACCP, Primus GFS, Organic and FSVP requirements to meet customer, governmental and 3rd party food safety requirements.2. Oversight of the Sanitation Foreperson and the hourly workforce;
– Daily scheduling
– Delegate various tasks
– Administration of disciplinary actions
– Timekeeping of Sanitation Crew
– Master Sanitation Schedules
3. Ensure all company Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures are being followed by facility sanitation employees.
4. Maintains necessary compliance paperwork related to food safety and sanitation in an organized manner.
– Oversee iAuditor software and create digital forms as needed to comply with D’Arrigo food safety requirements.
5. Conduct internal facility audits, ATP testing and perform required food safety verification activities.
6. Interact with outside facilities in Arizona and Mexico to ensure food safety programs and documentation requirements are met.
– Conduct 2nd party inspections of outside facilities
– Participate in 3rd party audits of outside facilities
– Ensure corrective measures and safety issues are abated per audit and inspection findings in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for maintaining FSVP (Foreign Supplier Verification Program) to include conducting facility 2nd party audits and inspections on potential new and existing suppliers. If needed, work with D’Arrigo field food safety representative to approve growing operations.
8. Oversight of company facility EMP (environmental monitoring program), including customer sampling programs and regulatory sampling protocols/plans.
9. Oversight of facility pest control programs to include in-house program and contracted program from external service providers.
10. Oversee and implement the food safety training matrix to all facility personnel, including department heads.
11. Act as a liaison with the Facilities and Safety departments to ensure facility program safety requirements and maintenance program requirements are being met. This includes working with outside contractors and consultants, alike.
12. Miscellaneous duties assigned by Management. This position reports to the Facility Program Manager.
13. Follows company policies and practices while representing company in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, management, customers, government agencies, etc.
- Knowledge of food laws and applicable regulations.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s, Sanitation Practices, Root Cause and Hazard Analysis Principles.
- PCQI or equivalent, certification
- HACCP certification
- Knowledge of safety and regulatory programs and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work in a cold/wet environment; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Supervisory Experience
- Team Player
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (word and excel programs) and Data Entry.
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- A proven ability to work with a variety of people and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Frequent, seasonal travel to Arizona and Mexico. Must possess a passport or other approved documentation for international travel.