DUTIES –This position will assist with the development, implementation and administration of the food safety programs to staff and harvesting crews in California and Arizona. The food safety programs include adherence to the Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement, HACCP, GMP and GAP programs, and internal and external audit requirements. Day to day activities require the use of initiative and judgment, particularly when prioritizing work from several staff members, dealing with staff or company related confidential materials, or when dealing with a variety of representatives of the public. This position reports directly to the Food Safety Director. This position requires seasonal work between Yuma, AZ and Salinas, CA.
- Conduct crew policy and procedure audits for LGMA requirements and D’Arrigo Bros. GAPs in the field.
- Develop and maintain documentation for compliance to company and LGMA policies and requirements.
- Work directly with crews to formulate corrective actions for deficiencies.
- Develop and instruct field personnel on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs) as required.
- Investigate, document and take appropriate actions on discovered food safety issues.
- Conduct food safety reviews on proposed externally purchased Leafy Greens products to assure the product will meet LGMA standards.
- Monitor and treat water sources as needed in the operations.
- Maintain required Leafy Greens Vegetable Marketing Agreement, GMP and GAP program documentation in an orderly fashion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a background in a food safety-related field of study, auditing, HACCP and cGAPs and cGMPs standards.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs.
- Bilingual (speaking, reading and writing) in English and Spanish required.
- Work schedule may include occasional after hours and weekends.
- Regular and consistent attendance mandatory.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, walking fields, climbing on equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and clean record.