Broccoli Rabe Green Ricotta Skillet Pizza
Pizza makes for a delicious, crowd-pleasing meal. Creamy ricotta blended with herbs, parmesan, pistachios, lemon juice, and garlic creates a flavorful “sauce.” Layer sauteed broccoli rabe and bright green peas on top for added bold flavor and texture. You won’t want your pizza any other way.
Recipe by Shelley West
Shelley is the twenty-something author of Vegetarian Ventures, a new food blog that shares vegetarian and vegan recipes. She has a passion for spices and dancing in the kitchen.
- 1 Pound of prepared pizza dough
- ½ Bunch of broccoli rabe, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ Cup fresh green herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano, basil)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan, shredded + more for garnish
- ¼ Cup pistachios, shelled removed
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 15 Ounces of ricotta
- ½ Cup frozen peas
1. In a food processor, pulse the green herbs, Parmesan, pistachios, lemon juice, and garlic until a thick paste forms. Next, add in the ricotta and pulse 2-3 more times or until everything is combined. Transfer to the fridge and let chill until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 500°F. Heat peanut oil in a 12” cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the broccoli rabe and sauté for 5 minutes or until the stems are tender. Transfer the sautéed broccoli onto a plate and set aside. Next, add the pizza dough to the skillet and spread out so that it evenly covers that whole pan; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom begins to brown. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the pizza dough for 5 minutes.
3. Using an oven mitten, remove the hot skillet from the oven and top your pizza dough with the green ricotta, broccoli rabe, and peas; season with salt and pepper and then place back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the top is starting to brown and the crust is cooked all the way through.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more