Bee Pollen, Berry, and Broccoli Rabe Smoothie
Getting a good amount of your fruits and veggies isn’t the easiest to do when your schedule is packed and you have limited time to prepare healthy meals. This smoothie combines a large serving of fruits and vegetables with their essential vitamins and minerals, while also providing some protein from the hemp seeds to get you ready for your day, or give you a mid-day boost. Plus, bee pollen adds an extra dose of antioxidants that are effective in alleviating spring allergies.
Recipe by Lindsey Love
Lindsey is the food editor at Thoughtfully Magazine and the author of Dolly and Oatmeal, her fresh-ingredients oriented food blog. Her first cookbook, Chickpea Flour Does It All, was published in April 2016.
- 1/2 cup broccoli rabe
- 1/2 banana or 1 small banana
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp bee pollen, plus more for topping
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a blender, plus a couple of ice cubes, (preferably high speed) and blend for 1 minute, until completely smooth.
2. Pour into 2 glasses, top with bee pollen and serve.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more